Thanks to the beautiful Michelle, I have been nominated for this award. I’m new to the blogging community so I don’t ever hear much about these things, but I’m so thankful for the blogger friends I’ve made so far! So a big thank you to Michelle and you should definitely go check her out because she gives awesome reviews!
Go check her out here: http://wondersreviews.wordpress.com/
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they have sent you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people.
Michelle gave me ten questions to answer, so here they are:
1. How have you chosen the name of your Blog?
I came up with my Instagram name (a_chic_geek) based on the fact that I’m an accountant (so sort of geeky) but I also love fashion & beauty so that’s where the chic part comes in. That was already chosen as a blog name, so then I just switched it around to chicgeek123.
2. How long are you blogging?
I have been blogging for almost 2 months, but have been wanting to for about a year. This is definitely a wonderful hobby for me and I enjoy it a lot, so hopefully I’ll be able to do it for a long time to come. J
3.What’s your HG products? (Products that you purchase and repurchase.)
I am obsessed with MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara, Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner, and Anastasia Brow Wiz.
4. What’s your latest beauty/makeup splurge?
Hmm, I haven’t splurged on anything recently… I guess my biggest splurge was to buy a YSL lipstick ($34 a tube).
5. How does your DH/BF (any male relatives if you are single) react to your addiction to makeup?
Well, my cousin’s husband comes into my room all the time and sees my makeup lying around and always tries to count up how much money I’ve spent. But they all support me blogging and doing what I love. 🙂
6. What’s your makeup advice?
My advice is probably just to use makeup as a means of having fun and experimenting with new things. I don’t have to wear makeup to make myself feel confident or beautiful and no other girl should have to wear it for that reason either. I wear it because I love it and that’s the best part.
7. Are you a organized or a messy girl? (If you are organized, what’s your method and/or advice?)
I would definitely say I’m organized except for when I’m getting out my makeup to swatch or play around with and then I can get messy! 😉 But I have a 6-drawer from IKEA that I keep organizers in and put my makeup in. I have a drawer for face products, eye products, blush/bronzer/highlighter, palettes, samples or other random things, and then hair products.
8. What beauty products are you most disappointed by?
Even though I use my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer every day, I am kind of disappointed with it. This product gets so much hype from YouTube beauty gurus and just people in the beauty community as a whole. I think it’s a fine concealer, but for $29 I expect something pretty amazing, but I think there are drugstore concealers out there that work just as well (if not better).
9. What are your favorite colors to wear for Fall?
I love to wear dark lipstick in fall, MAC “Rebel” or MAC “Viva Glam I” are my favorites. I also love to wear a good smoky eye in the fall as well. I did a look just the other day wearing MAC “Sumptuous Olive” and MAC “Bronze” together and it looked very fall-like.
10.What do you love most about makeup?
I just think it’s beautiful! I’m not sure how I became so obsessed with makeup really (I never wore it in high school) but I could seriously go into a Sephora or Ulta and just swatch it and play with it all day! I just love the beautiful eyeshadow colors and lipstick colors that you can find. As I mentioned before, I don’t HAVE to wear it, but I just love putting it all on and expressing how I feel that day by whatever look I decide to wear.
Now here are my ten questions:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. Who are your biggest beauty inspirations?
3. What is your favorite makeup brand (High-end and Drugstore)?
4. What is the one makeup product you can’t live without?
5. If you could only apply 3 products to your face, what would they be?
6. Favorite makeup trend?
7. Makeup trend you wish would go away?
8. Favorite place to buy makeup?
9. Biggest makeup regret?
10. Favorite part of wearing makeup?
So here are the ten beautiful ladies I nominate:
Thanks again to Michelle for nominating me, and I hope all of the ladies I nominated will participate as well! 🙂