Happy 2 months to my blog! Yay!! Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me and my blog, it means the world to me. I’ve made some other blogging friends from all over the world & that is so amazing to me! I’m glad you guys love fashion and makeup as much as I do! 🙂 My goal was to get 1,000 views by the time I had it for 2 months and I’m so close, so I’m hoping this post will help me get over the hump! 🙂 But thanks again so much for your support and kind words and hopefully I’ll continue to grow and get better! But on to the part you actually wanna read! 😉
Hey guys, so I’ve got a small Ulta haul for you today. I had basically put myself on a No Buy September, but this was my exception. I got 20% off for Labor Day AND I used my reward points to get an extra $30 off as well (that’s why it pays to have a membership with them, you get awesome perks)! So ultimately it counts as still spending money in September & me already falling off the wagon, BUT I’m ok with it. 🙂 So like I said before, I didn’t get a whole lot of stuff, but what I did get is super affordable and some of it was suggested by you guys (so that’s awesome)! Hope you enjoy and maybe find something you wanna purchase!
By the way, the package was delivered to me at my workplace so I had been dying all day to swatch everything and play around with it.. #thestruggle 😛
1. NYX Butter Glosses–You guys have heard me rave about these things several times, but I can’t help it, I’m obsessed with them. I’ve only ever tried the sheer nude or pink ones so I was excited to try a few that were a little more opaque and fall appropriate. I could not wait to get my hands on these babies and swatch them to see what they looked like. Let me just say, I LOVE them! Please, if you have not checked these out, you really need too! Like right now! Out of the 3 colors that I got, I would say that “” is my favorite, but I love them all!
2. Revlon Lip Gloss in “Fuchsia Finery”–This was a lip gloss that I saw Casey Holmes (YouTube Beauty Guru) wearing in a couple of her videos last fall/winter. She wore it over top of the Revlon Matte Balm in “Shameless” and it looked beautiful. I have had some trouble (personally) with being able to wear “Shameless” out in public and not feel a little self-conscious, so I’m hoping this combo will help make it more wearable. She looked gorgeous wearing it with her super dark hair, and let me mention that I darkened my hair (again!) so I’m hoping I can pull it off easier now. But let me tell you, it is purple, like straight up purple guys. As I said, I think they are a gorgeous combo, but it is very intimidating to wear a color like this. It’s basically just a personal preference if you feel confident wearing a shade like this or not. Please let me know if you have any advice for wearing a purple lip color! 🙂
Here is “Shameless” on its own.
Here is “Fuchsia Finery” on its own.
Here they are together.
3. NYX Lip Liner in “Plum”–I have several NYX lip liners (they are my favorite) and I specifically got this one to wear with the above mentioned lip combo. I basically buy my lip liners to match my dark lipsticks (mostly) and I didn’t have anything that looked super great with the “Shameless” color so I thought this one would be worth purchasing. These lip liners are really nice quality and they come in soooooo many different shades AND they are cheap. So you should definitely check them out! 🙂
4. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealers–So in one of my last posts I had mentioned that I felt like I had trouble covering my under eye circles and a few of you suggested I try this concealer. I had tried it once before a year or so ago and didn’t love it, but I wanted to try it again since so many of you said I should give it a go. I bought the shade in “Brightener” and “Fair” so that I could see which one I would rather use (or I’ll use them both together). I’m probably a little too dark for “Fair” but I think it will be good to highlight with and I’m getting paler by the second (especially with this dark hair). So I’m excited to give this another try and see what I think, I’ll keep you posted! 🙂
Here’s the “Brightener” shade.
Here’s the “Fair” shade.
5. Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara–This is definitely one of my favorite mascaras. This is my third tube of it and I just keep repurchasing. I love to use this as a first coat to any other mascara I’m wearing. This really does keep the clumps away and it really lengthens my lashes. I definitely recommend this if you haven’t tried it yet.
6. Batiste Dry Shampoo–So I’ve mentioned this before as well, and basically I use it all the time so I just have to buy it every time I make an Ulta purchase pretty much lol. This stuff is great if you’re like me & don’t wash your hair everyday (which you shouldn’t) because it really takes the oils out of your hair and gives you more volume to work with. I also find my hair doesn’t get super gross feeling after using this a couple of days, which is great as well. They’ve got all kinds of different scents (& travel size for on the go) and they also have 4 different hair color ranges as well. I’ve got “Deep & Dark Brown” but they also have “Light & Blonde,” “Vibrant & Red,” and “Medium/Brunette” if you’re interested!
So that was my little Ulta haul, I hope you guys enjoyed it. Now that we’re getting into the middle of September, I think I will start bringing out my fall posts little by little for you guys. So definitely check back if you are interested in fall related posts. 🙂