I realize that this blog has kind of turned into more than fashion than beauty lately, but I’ve got you beauty junkies covered today! I’m doing a post on my favorite makeup sets for the holidays. Let me know which product is your favorite & if you plan on purchasing any or asking for any as a gift. Also, let me know if I’ve left something out that you found was totally amazing! 🙂
1. Sephora Favorites Superstars ($75)–This is a lot of money to spend, but look at all of the amazing things you get! If this kit has things you’ve always wanted to try, then it would be worth it. “Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown, Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional, Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Mascara In Jet Black, Bumble And Bumble Surf Spray, Chloè by Chloè Rollerball, Formula X Nail Color in Ignite, Fresh Sugar Rosè Tinted Lip Treatment, Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil, Nars Cosmetics Blush in Orgasm, Smashbox Cosmetics Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in Light, Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner In Intense Black, and Urban Decay Eye shadow in Sin.” This is a TON of products in deluxe sample sizes, so it’s a great deal!
2. Tarte Bon Voyage Collector’s Set And Travel Bag ($59)–This is a huge set as well if you are a Tarte fan. You get 20 eye shadows which is amazing! You also get “Deluxe lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara, Limited-edition deluxe cheek stain in Muse (soft nude), LipSurgence lip gloss in Visionary (apricot), LipSurgence lip tint in Romantic (peachy nude), Deluxe maracuja oil, Deluxe smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder, and Limited-edition collector’s travel bag.” So if you like Tarte products or would like to try any, this is a great kit for the money because you are getting to try tons of products out!
3. Benefit Cosmetics Sizzling Six Set ($27)–This is just a little set if you are on a tighter budget. If you’ve never tried anything from Benefit, then this is the perfect little sample kit for you! This kit contains “The POREfessional mini, BADgal lash mini, Ultra plush lip gloss mini in dandelion, Dandelion mini, Benetint mini, and Girl meets pearl mini.”
4. Too Faced Cause A Scandal ($65)–This one is a bit pricey, but if you enjoy Too Faced products, then you might want to give this one a go. You are getting “3 Way Lash Lining Tool, Better Than Sex Mascara, Shadow Insurance, 3 large eye shadows, and 6 smaller eye shadows.”
Lip Product Sets:
1. Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip ($25)–This is a little lip kit that is a great value for the money. You are getting to try 6 lip products for only $25! You are getting “Urban Decay Mini Naked Revolution Lipstick, Nars Deluxe Orgasm Lip Gloss, Buxom Mini Full On Lip Cream in White Russian, Marc Jacobs Mini Lust for Lacquer in Kissability, Deluxe Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil in Meritage, and Full-size Smashbox Be Legendary Gloss in Pout.” All of these are great choices so if you just want to try a few new lippies, then this is the kit for you!
2. Sephora Favorites Give Me More Lip ($59)–Now this kit is a more expensive version of the one mentioned above, BUT you are getting way more products as well! This kit is for the ultimate lip junkie that wants to try tons of new lippies! With this kit you are getting “bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie™ Lipstick in Speak Your Mind (bubble gum pink), Benefit Cosmetics Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm in Posie, Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Palomino (vibrant magenta), Buxom Mini Full Bodied lipstick in Menace, Fresh Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment, Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon, Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw, Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Blush (medium rose brown), Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Red Armour, MAKE UP FOR EVER Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Black Dahlia Lip Tar: Matte Test Tube, Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion in 10 Red Essence, stila Stay All Day® Vinyl Lip Gloss in Nude Vinyl (medium pink nude), Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Moody, Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment in Flush, Too Faced Cosmetics La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Naked Dolly, and Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick in Fuchsia.” This would also be a great kit to have if you wanted to give each of your friends a lip product for Christmas! It would make for a great stocking stuffer or be the perfect small gift you add with something else.
3. Buxom Winner Takes All Lip Set ($32)–This is a really great kit to have if you like Buxom lip glosses. I love those lip glosses and have 3 full size myself. It comes with 6 products that are the perfect size to just throw in your purse for on the go. You get 3 lip creams in these colors “Creamsicle (peach sorbet), Berry Blast (vivid fuchsia), White Russian (nude pink).” Then you get 3 lip polishes in these colors “Chloe (dollface pink), Sophia (sweetheart pink), Trixie (24-karat pink).”
4. Buxom Lip Gloss Roulette ($59)–This is another one of those huge kits that are aimed towards you lip junkies (which I myself kind of am nowadays). If you are totally obsessed with the Buxom lippies then this is the kit for you! You get 11 lip polishes in “Dominique (glittering ice), Clair (starry plum haze), Isabella (perfectly plum), Jennifer (flirty fuchsia), Julie (juicy watermelon), Karen (confetti pink), Katie (pink lemonade), Megan (caramel dream), Rebecca (golden glitz), Sophia (sweetheart pink), Zoe (dazzling orchid)” and you get 4 lip creams in “Lavender Cosmo (lilac pink), Mai Tai (vivid coral), Mudslide (petal pink), White Russian (nude pink)” as well. This would also be a good idea for stocking stuffers or something for that special lady in your life.
1. Urban Decay Naked Palettes ($54 each)–I’d say if you really love makeup then you probably either have one of these palettes (or all of them) or you’ve at least heard of them. You get 12 eye shadows with each palette and a brush. The Naked 1 is warm toned, Naked 2 is cool toned, and Naked 3 is rose toned. They are all beautiful and very popular. The price keeps going up on them apparently because I purchased my Naked 2 for $50 and the Naked 3 for $52. I will say that even though they are gorgeous palettes, they are mostly shimmery eye shadows with a lot of fall out. If you don’t mind that & don’t care about having matte shades then one of these palettes might be for you. 1 2 3
2. Urban Decay Naked Basic Palettes ($29 each)–These are great palettes for on the go or if you aren’t really that into wearing eye shadow. They are all neutral shades that every girl needs in her collection. There are 6 eye shadows with each one & they are mostly all matte. The first Naked Basics is more warm toned, while the second one is more cool toned. 1 2
3. Lorac Pro Palettes ($42 each) –Now in my opinion, these are palettes I would pick over any of the other ones I mentioned. These are beautiful and you are getting so much product for the money you spend. The first pro palette is warm toned and the second one is cool toned. With both palettes you get 16 eye shadows (8 matte & 8 shimmer) plus a deluxe sample of their eye shadow primer. I love having the versatility of matte & shimmer shades in these palettes & the colors are lovely. I use these way more than my Naked palettes (& they are cheaper with more eye shadows). The quality is fantastic as the shades are so buttery, but there is fall out with the shimmers so be careful with that. 1 2
1. NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette ($65)–This is a great palette if you want to try out any NARS blushes or the famous Laguna bronzer (plus the packaging is super cute too). You get 3 small blush colors in “Sex Fantasy (pale lavender pink), Deep Throat (sheer peach), Final Cut (peach coral)” 1 highlight shade in “Miss Liberty” and the bronzer shade in “Laguna.” **I apologize for the names of these blushes, I don’t know why they call them that**
2. Urban Decay Naked Flushed ($30)–With this palette you are getting a bronzer, blush, and highlighter. You can pick from 4 different shade categories, depending on your skin tone.
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette ($58)–I’ve never tried any of these blushes before, but can we just take a second to admire how beautiful they look & the packaging is gorgeous as well! You get a good amount of product and each blush sold separately is $35 so you are getting a great deal! You get this palette with 3 shades in the colors ” Luminous Flush (champagne rose), Incandescent Electra (cool peach), Mood Exposure (soft plum).”