Hey guys! I did a skincare routine post a while back (here), but I’ve been using some different products for the last couple of months so I thought I would do an updated post for you. I am liking what I’m using right now, but it’s nothing absolutely amazing that I couldn’t live without. I still haven’t found my holy grail eye cream either, so if you have any suggestions please let me know! Let me know your favorite skincare products down below & maybe I can try them out! Happy Tuesday!
**My skin type is dry**
1. When I first wake up I NEVER feel like washing my face so I just use this Witch Hazel toner on a cotton round to cleanse my face. You saw this product in my last post because I’m still trying to use it up (almost gone) before I try something else. I really like the Sea Breeze Astringent you can buy at Walmart & it doesn’t smell bad like the Witch Hazel, so I may try it again.
2. I use my Embryolisse Moisturizer –which is new– but it’s very creamy & great for my dry skin. It sinks into the skin pretty quickly & like I said, it’s very moisturizing, which is exactly what I need!
3. I use my Origins eye cream. It’s nothing spectacular, but it gets the job done.
& that’s pretty much it for my morning routine. I am very low maintenance in the morning so my skincare is pretty light.
1. I use my Walmart brand makeup remover wipes (which is nothing new). I really like these and they are so much cheaper than the Neutrogena ones & you get more wipes in a package. (I am out at the moment, so here’s a generic picture lol).
2. I use my Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover to get what my wipes don’t get off. I never like going to bed if I don’t feel like I’ve gotten all of my mascara off. I hate waking up the next morning with clumpy lashes or anything. This remover is really great for getting that last little bit of makeup off.
3. I use my Michael Todd toner on a cotton pad to remove anything that the makeup wipes didn’t get off the first time.
4. I use my Origins Night-a-Mins cream. This stuff is super creamy & thick so it’s great to use overnight for some added moisture while you sleep.
5. I use my Mary Kay firming eye cream & it’s pretty good too, but like I said, I’m yet to find an amazing eye cream that sweeps me off my feet. The ones I have get the job done so that’s good for now.
6. I use this Origins oil just to dab on my face. I’ve not noticed anything spectacular about using any oils on my face, but they do provide a lot of moisture which is good for my dry skin.
I also wanted to mention that I use my Clarisonic Mia2 about 2-3 times a week for a deep clean when I need it. I also use my St. Ives Green Tea Scrub to exfoliate my face a few times a week as well. I don’t do this everyday just because it’s a little harsh, but I need the extra steps sometimes just to get the dry patches & dead skin off my face.
I would recommend any products I’m using to anyone with dry skin because they are nice products & don’t break me out or anything.