Today’s post is a collaboration with the beautiful Bethany from simplybethany. We are both Kentucky girls and although we’ve never personally met, we have lots of mutual friends! We’ve been chatting and we thought it would be fun to do a spring/summer related post! Today is all about some lip products, but we have also decided to do a fashion related post together that will be coming later so keep an eye out for that! I also want to link Bethany’s Instagram page so you can follow her there too & see even more makeup & outfits.
I’m going to show you my favorite spring/summer lip products and then you can go check out Bethany’s picks as well! Let me know in the comments which color you liked the best & tell me which ones you like to use so I can check them out.
1. Revlon Lip Butter “Lollipop” — This color is a gorgeous hot pink that can be a light wash or built up to be bolder. These lip butters are so moisturizing & perfect for spring!
2. Maybelline Vivid Lipstick in “Pink Pop” — This color is like a Barbie bubblegum pink. I really love this when I’m tanner and with bronze makeup. It’s not a color for everyone, but I really enjoy it.
3. NYX Lipstick in “Citrine” & Covergirl Lipstick in “Hot Passion” — This color kind of reminds me of MAC “Lady Danger” only much cheaper. I like to apply the red first, then the orange, and then the red again. It gives such a gorgeous, vibrant shade. I know this color won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I think it’s stunning & just a really fun color in general! (this color looks really orange on camera, but it’s really more of a reddish-orange in person)
4. Maybelline Color Whisper in “Petal Rebel” — This shade is a super sheer pink and it’s great for those days when you just want to wear natural makeup and have a light wash of color on the lips. This color is so easy to wear.
5. NARS Audacious Lipstick in “Kelly” — You know I had to pick this color mostly because of the name! 🙂 But this is a really pretty coral shade and I love it for warmer weather. This is also one of those shades that will look great with a tan.